Friday, June 5, 2009

Santa Claus, Here We Come!!!

Santa Claus, Indiana that is. We are going to Holiday World. We will be staying at Santa’s Lodge. While I am excited to be going, I am not excited about the drive there or back. 3 hours stuck in a car with (almost) 5 year olds. Though, I believe we can keep them occupied.


In case you were wondering, my Weight Watchers journey has been doing poorly. I am failing at journaling and during the two weeks surrounding Memorial Day, I gained 4.2 pounds. If you remember, I lost 4 pounds prior. That means, I was .2 pounds higher than my starting weight. That stinks. This morning, I decided to check out the points that I ate yesterday. I totaled around 52+ points. Most of it, 34 points was just on dinner. I had a culvers double cheeseburger deluxe with cheese curds. No wonder I am having problems. With my trip this weekend to Holiday World, I am going to be eating out a lot. Wish me luck as I enter unknown food establishments and buy food. Hopefully, I will be making some good decisions instead of poor ones. FYI - If you would like to find out the WW points on food you are buying from restaurants, I would suggest going to www.dwlz.com. This is a good site, if you have access to the internet. For a portable version, I would suggest the book produced and sold by Weight Watchers. It is a convenient side and has most of the chain restaurants in them.

As for my depression, I have been having some ups and downs lately. I am considering changing from Lexapro to maybe Cymbalta to see if it can help my drowsiness and also provide an appetite suppressant as a side effect.

Hugz,

Daddy Scotty

2 comments:

Paula said...

Dieting is never easy ... but the hills here at Holiday World should help you burn some calories! :0)

I'd recommend the salads at Kringle's Kafe and Plymouth Rock Cafe. We also have yummy grilled chicken sandwiches. Here's a link to our menus: http://holidayworld.com/food.html

Have a wonderful visit with us!

Paula Werne
Holiday World
@HolidayWorld on Twitter

Huffman Triplets said...

Thank you for the information Paula. The chicken sandwich is what I will probably shoot for.