Friday, February 27, 2009

BLAH!

Today was not a great day. To start off I work up feeling exhausted. Probably from going to bed at 1am and getting up at 6:45am. Thankfully, I had preset my coffee maker to be ready this morning. So, I made me a mug of coffee and placed the rest in a thermos and headed of to work. The drive into work was pretty good. No traffic issues. However, as soon as I arrived at work, I started getting phone calls and emails needing immediate answers. What helped cheer me up this morning was that a coworker that I had helped yesterday had brought in some donuts from Wal-Mart.


Ever notice how good things can actually make things worse? I ended up eating most of the donut holes as my coworkers were not here today. That led me to overeating, then depression about how much I weigh set in. That, combined with what has been going on the past few days has put me in a downward, but manageable, spiral. Why do I take such things to heart? Why can I not see the sunshine through the rain? Thankfully, I am taking my meds. Without them, that downward spiral would not be manageable and I would end up thinking things that I shouldn’t be thinking about.

On a different and brighter note:

Tonight, my family and I are going to a friend of the girls for a play date/dinner. This should be interesting. This boy they went to school with. He actually, had a really hard time after we had to pull the girls out when Alexa had her allergic reaction to peanuts. He started asking his mother about why the girls were not at school anymore and why he couldn’t send them a valentine. The mother gave in and looked up our address so that he could send valentines cards to the girls. That was so sweet.

Keep me in your thoughts. Hopefully, this weekend will be better.

1 comments:

Mama Eve said...

Scott, so you ate all the donut holes? so what? We all have. Its not worth letting it get you down. You focus on the extreme blessings in your life: your four beautiful girls, and how much they love you and need you. Enjoy your life and the things that REALLY matter. Tomorrow you will turn your nose at the next box of treats, you'll have less phone calls, and less stress. You'll see. It will get better if you want it to.