Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Great Depression is Over....or soon will be

No, I am not meaning the economy.  Not even meaning my fluctuating mood.  I am meaning, winter.  Winter is a time that I don't really care for.  I tend to stay inside and not venture out too far away from a warm building.  A couple of weeks ago, my family went to Florida.  The weather was an awesome, with tempetures in the 80's.  Then, I returned home to temps back in the 30-40's.  Now, we are in the 60-70's.  I have been taking walks and have even ridden the motorcycle once. 

With the newness of spring upon us, and the feeling that it is time to revitalize ourselves, I am looking to make a new spring resolution.  With the onset of warmer weather, and the multitude of activities that can be done outside, I am planning more outtings with the kids, [playgrounds, parks, walks, bicycle rides (for them), and who knows what else]. 

I recently read an article about detoxing the body.  Basically ridding the body of the toxic substances that we continually put in it.  This got me thinking.  Maybe it is time for me to attempt to change my mindset regarding things edible and drinkable.  What is potentially toxic and what isn't?  Reason of thinking, if I consider sugar and fat laden food as toxic instead of "can't eat cause I am on a diet", maybe I can actually accomplish my goal of making the scale go backwards instead forwards.

Wish me luck, and if anyone has any supportive statements for me, please post

1 comments:

Melissa said...

You can do it honey! and I will help in any way I can...just let me know how I can help.