Monday, August 24, 2009

LD Day 1: Love is Patient

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
—Ephesians 4:2 NIV

TODAY’S DARE

The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.

_______________________________________________________________________________

This was fairly easy for me as today was her birthday and I did not see her for half of her day.  When I arrived home my mother watched the children as she and I went to the mall and walked around window shopping.  Following that we went to TGIF and had a wonderful dinner.  We laughed, we joked, and I believe we reconnected.  For me, tomorrow and the next day and the next day will be the challenge.  While today was easy to stay away from the negative comments (in my honest opinion) when I add the kids and the daily frustrations into the mixed, I will need to continue this.  Wish me luck as I tackle tomorrows challenge while trying to encorporate todays.

Tomorrow's Love Dare is:  Love is kind

1 comments:

Lani said...

Glad to hear you had a nice dinner with your wife!