Monday, August 24, 2009

Love Dare: Intro

My wife and I recently watched “Fireproof”. It was a great movie and opened my eyes to things that I have been neglecting.

Almost 13 years ago, my wife and I embarked on a journey that has been very similar to a roller coaster. There have been some slow and fast times. There have been times when we were flying high and times when we were very low. There have been many twists and turns along the way. Just like with any roller coaster, I never want it to end. When my ride ends, I hope it to be either thru death not divorce.

Getting back to neglecting, I must admit that while I try to be a good husband, at times it has been difficult. Not because of my wife’s actions, but by lack of my own. Too often I let the stresses of life rule my emotions. Financial and children are amongst the top factors of my stress. During the day I let each of these churn inside my head, affecting every thought. When communicating with my wife, I tend to become short or irritable at her. At the end of the day, plop down in front of the computer or TV. Ready to veg out and forget all that I had been thinking during the day.

From the time I watched the movie until now, I have considered taking the love dare as I know that my heart and mind need it to cleanse and repair what I have done. After some research online today I ran across the following site which opened up the dares for each day. You can find them too @ http://www.bhpublishinggroup.com/lovedare/.

As I go forward, I will detail my thoughts and comments on each day. Please feel free to follow, comment, and encourage me during my journey.

Daddy Scotty,

P.S. Happy Birthday Wife-E-Pooh!

3 comments:

Lani said...

I think this is great, and I look forward to reading about your journey with the Love Dare! It's really hard sometimes to stop and take a look at the big picture when you have multiple small children to take care of on a daily basis.. so good for you:)

Kristin.... said...

This is great! Marriage often takes a backseat to kids and work. My marriage of almost 11 years has had its ups and downs as well. I'll enjoy following along!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I think the Love Dare is a great thing for anyone in any marriage to do. We can all give a little bit more -- even when we have multiple kids running around.

Looking forward to your updates.

Kat