Wednesday, August 26, 2009

LD Day 2: Love is kind

Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
—Ephesians 4:32

TODAY’S DARE

In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.
____________________________________________
 
Yesterday morning, I woke up made my lunch and wrote a note on the board for my wife.  "You did an awesome job with the house!  I (Heart) U". Then I went in and gave her a kiss and woke her up for the morning.  NOTE: It is much easier to be sweeter in the morning when the kids are still asleep.
When I arrived home from work, I gave my kids their usual hug and kiss and then proceeded to walk to mommy to give her a kiss.  This is something that hasn't happened in a long time as I am usually ready to change into my comfortable clothes and relax for a few minutes.  This extra kiss was nice. I found it also refreshed me. Made me feel kind of kiddish inside, like I was back in High School. (Kid in reference to High School...Yep, I am getting old.)  Anyway, I took the kids to the park while wife went to school for a meeting on an upcoming school/kid special class. (Good Touch/Bad Touch).  Following that we came home, ate dinner, and prepared the girls for bedtime.  I tried to be helpful by getting her milk when she needed her glass refreshed and cleaned up dinner when completed.  Finalizing the day, I gave her a kiss and proceeded to bed.

While I didn't exactly do any unexpected kindness, I feel that I met the goal for today.  No arguments, extra affection, and special attention.

0 comments: