Thursday, September 11, 2008

Crappy Day and Mamaw

What a combination for a title line.

Let me explain. It was 6:30 in the morning yesterday and I started feeling ill. So, I went to the bathroom and got a smelly surprise. Well, I thought it was just a one time thing, so I prepared for work and left. At 8:30, a half hour into my day, I was surprised again and decided to leave. From the moment I arrived home till about 5, I was in and out of bed. Then my wife had to go to a water arobics class. So, that left me with the kids.

My saving grace for the evening came in the form of a wonderful mamaw who never disappoints. She is so helpful with the kids and the kids love to be around her. She and they went for a walk around the neighborhood, removed the weeds from the "used to be" flower bed, and played outside. I made dinner, then she helped get them ready for bed and even sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to them during our nightly routine.

I am so greatful that she is in their life, just as she was for me. Growing up, my father worked 2nd shift, so she had to care for 2 boys. It seemed like every night something different was going on. Usually, fighting for one thing or another. Friends, toys, whatever. Me? I was a momma's boy. While my brother was outside helping dad fix the car, I was inside cleaning the house or helping out with whatever she needed me to do. Now, I am a lot like her in many ways. I have her bad points (very few) and her great points. I have her heart. She carries it around on her sleeve, she is easy to be hurt, but she is always willing to show you love. She drug me to church every sunday and kept me involved. Without that foundation, I am not sure what kind of person I would be today. (I love ya Mom)

Mamaw Linda, an Angel in disquise.

0 comments: