Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th, 2001 ~ Tribute Post

The day that the world stood still, united in anger, and united in sadness. 

It has been 7 years since the towers fell.  I can still remember what I was doing and the reaction that I had. 

Fear.  Fear for my family and friends. 
Sad. Sadness for all those that lost their lives trying to escape this horrible event. 
Anger.  A deep feeling of revenge to do to others as they done to my country.
Happy.  Yes, happy.  However, not for the event itself.  For the all the people around the world that stood together and supported each other.  Never before had I seen it. 
Regret.  For not able to do anything directly for the families that were lost, the war on terror, etc.
Sad.  Sadness for all of soldiers that we have lost during this war.  Regardless of my position on the war, why it was started, or why it continues, the soldiers were doing their job.

A day of emotion for me, and a day of emotion for most in the United States.  Being that this was the World Trade Center, it had people from many countries in it. 

1 comments:

Mama Eve said...

It was a moment, a day, a week, that I will never ever forget either. Last night watching it all over again on TV made me feel so angry and I cried.